Parks, Recreation and Open Space Advisory Commission
Approved by the Parker Town Council in July 2022, the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Advisory Commission (PROS Commission) allows citizens an opportunity to represent the recreational needs of the community. Version Options Parks, Recreation and Open Space Advisory Commission Headline Overview Overview Overview Overview Overview Overview Ov
It shall be the duty of the PROS Commission members to serve in an advisory capacity with regard to the development, expansion, and operation of parks, recreation, open space and trail facilities within the Town of Parker. In addition to the advisory role of the Commission, the following duties are assigned:
- Review the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Master Plan and Open Space, Trails, and Greenways Master Plan and provide feedback, based on public input gathered by the Commission.
- Serve as a voice and provide advocacy recommendations to improve parks, recreation, open space, and trails in the Town of Parker.
- Provide opportunities for public input on parks, recreation, open space, and trails.
- Encourage public and private partnerships to benefit parks, recreation, open space, and trails in the Town of Parker.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among local and regional parks, recreation, open space, and trails groups.
Meetings will be held quarterly, locations to be determined. The first meeting will be held in January 2023.
Membership, Criteria to Serve
The Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Advisory Commission shall be composed of seven (7) members. View PROS Commission Bylaws.
- Five (5) members are required to live within the Town of Parker boundaries.
- Two (2) members need not reside within the Town of Parker boundaries and may instead reside in unincorporated Douglas County within close proximity to the Town of Parker (either in the 80134 or 80138 zip code).
- PROS Commission members will serve a term of three (3) years and can continue to serve additional consecutive terms with the Commission, subject to approval of Council.
- Terms of office of the Commissioners who are initially appointed shall be staggered so that two (2) of the initial Commissioners are appointed for one-year terms, two (2) of the initial Commissioners are appointed for two-year terms, and three (3) of the initial Commissioners are appointed for three-year terms. Thereafter, Commissioners shall be appointed for three-year terms.
- All members must be willing to regularly attend Commission meetings.
- All members should demonstrate broad community interest.
Brenda Mooney | Email | Ph: 303.805.6309