Therapeutic Recreation Opportunities
Parker’s Therapeutic Recreation Program is designed to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities through participation in adapted programming. View the current activity calendar (PDF) for a complete list of opportunities. Programs are designed to:
- Minimize barriers
- Increase leisure awareness within the community
- Promote skill building
- Celebrate individual success
- Promote overall well-being for participants
Policies & Forms
Please read the Parker Therapeutic Recreation Program Policies (PDF) and complete an Assessment Form (PDF) prior to participation in therapeutic programs. One annual assessment per participant will be sufficient for all programs.
Cerebral Palsy Resources
An online resource for anyone who has been affected by cerebral palsy, brain injuries, or birth injuries, Cerebral Palsy Group is a national organization that was created so that it may serve the individuals and families who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Cerebral Palsy Guidance provides vital assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are vital to our program’s success. If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about therapeutic recreation opportunities, please visit VolunteerParker.org.
Therapeutic Recreation Scholarship Program
The Town of Parker’s Therapeutic Recreation Scholarship program was designed to help individuals with disabilities who have limited financial resources to participate in Town recreation programs and facilities. Scholarships may provide a portion or all of registration costs or membership fees for individuals or groups that service individuals with disabilities.
- In order to be eligible, the individual must be a resident of Douglas County. This requires proof of residency such as a current utility bill, housing lease, etc. This also must be the primary residence.
- The applicant must completed the Assessment Form (PDF) prior to participation.