Child Care at Parker Recreation Center
The Recreation Center offers childcare, for ages 3 months to 9 years to our guests while they are in the facility. Our Child Care staff strives to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for your children while you enjoy the numerous leisure opportunities in the Recreation Center. To ensure this goal is achieved, please review and abide by all Child Care Guidelines.
Recreation Center Child Care Hours
Child Care is offered at peak times only. Child Care follows the Douglas County School District's closure and delayed schedule policy. During DCSD delayed start or snow day, Child Care will open at 10 a.m.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - noon | 4:30 - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - noon
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - noon
Daily Time Limits: 75 minutes for ages 3 to 18 months, two hours for over 18 months per day.
Child Care Fees - Effective Oct. 1, 2023
- $4.25 per hour for first child
- $3.75 per hour per additional child in household
- $51.50 for 15-hour punch card; $40 with Parker Recreation Membership
- $47.50 per month for unlimited hours for all children in household; auto-pay (daily time limits apply)
If you choose to pay by the visit, please pick up a “Day Care Receipt” when you sign your child into Child Care. Upon completion of your workout, take receipt to the front counter where payment will be accepted. Receipt must be shown to Child Care attendants when signing your child out.
Child Care Safety Guidelines
- Guardians are to remain inside the Recreation Center at all times while children are in Child Care.
- Children experiencing ANY signs of illness will not be admitted.
- All toys and surfaces will be disinfected twice daily and throughout the day as needed.
- We are unable to bottle feed or provide diaper changes. Guardians will be contacted if their child needs to be fed or changed.
- To minimize contact, children who are unable to walk independently must be brought in in an infant carrier or stroller.
- Children that are inconsolable, crying or misbehaving will have a 10-minute time limit before guardians are contacted to pick up.
Additional Child Care Information
Child Care staff are CPR/First Aid Certified. All staff completed a background check and drug screen upon hire.