Parker Recreation Aquatic Programs and Training
Follow the program and training links below for additional information and registration. Some programs and training are only offered seasonally, please check back often.
- Masters Swim- Practice for experienced adult swimmers (18 years and up) wanting to improve overall fitness and swimming technique. Master's Swim practice is offered at the times below:
- Tuesday & Friday at PRC 5:30 to 7:00 a.m.
- Sundays at PRC 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- For important information about Masters Swim please click HERE
- Practice space is limited and is filled on a first come first served basis.
- CARA Swim Team - Seasonal *Space is Limited*
- Registration for all swimmers will open January 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. please click the link above for more details.
- Practice times will be assigned after swim assessments. All swimmers must be registered to participate in swim assessments on January 29 from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. at Parker Recreation Center.
- CARA Swim Team - Year Round *Try-out Space is Limited*
- Registration for tryouts will open January 9, 2022 at 10 a.m. Please click the link for more details and team skill requirements.
- Payment and final registration for the season will be taken immediately following tryouts, in person, on January 15, 2022 from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. Register for this activity to save your spot at tryouts; there is no charge for tryouts.
- Swimmers who make the team after tryouts will practice on Tuesdays AND Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. at the Parker Recreation Center, beginning Jan. 25, 2022.
- Swim Stroke Clinics- Experienced youth swimmers focus on advanced techniques for specific strokes. Open to ages 8-18 years old. Students must be able to swim 50 yards and be proficient in the stroke of the clinic in which they are registering.
- Pool Parties- Celebrate your birthday or special occasion at the Recreation Center Indoor Pool.
- Sensory Swim Nights- An ideal evening for individuals who love to swim and may be affected by loud noises. All the features (minus the yellow slide) in the Recreation Center Activity Pool will be turned off.
- Second Monday of each month.
- 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Included with daily admission or Recreation Center membership.
- Second Monday of each month.
- Lifeguard Prep - Work with a Lifeguard Instructor to practice for the American Red Cross Lifeguard course prerequisites.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training - Train to safely rescue swimmers while maintaining personal safety.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Review - A re-certification course required every 2 years for currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguards.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Course - Train to become a lifeguard instructor. Candidates must be 17 years or older and possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification.
Life Safety Courses
- ASHI Community CPR/AED and First Aid- Train to recognize and respond to a variety of emergency situations. Please note: This course does not satisfy Healthcare Provider requirements.
Lifeguard positions are available with Parker Parks and Recreation. Please contact Jackie Frohne at email@example.com or 303.805.3287 for more information.