Rueter-Hess Reservoir Recreation
An invaluable water resource to residents in Douglas County and people of the greater Front Range of Colorado, Rueter-Hess Reservoir is located on Hess Road, one mile east of I-25 at the Castle Pines Parkway exit 188, and three miles west of Parker Road.
With the update to state orders, we are excited to welcome you back for summer recreating! The phased Safe Return plan adheres to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff, which include reduced capacities, limiting gatherings, enforcing social distancing guidelines, and enhancing cleaning and sanitization efforts.
There are two different ways to enjoy Rueter-Hess Reservoir this summer.
With direction from the Rueter-Hess Recreation Authority, Parker Parks and Recreation is offering Paddle Days at the site this summer. Participants provide their own watercraft (paddle board, canoe or kayak) and the cost is $15 per watercraft, which includes gate entry and watercraft inspection. Click here for more information and to register. Please contact email@example.com or 303.805.6318 with questions about personal Paddle Days. Registration opens seven days prior to each Paddle Day event.
- 2020 Paddle Days: June 14, June 20, June 27, July 4, July 5, July 11, July 12, July 19, July 26, Aug. 2, Aug. 8, Aug. 15, Aug. 22, Aug. 29, Sept. 5
- Updated: due to limited capacities, which includes on shore, there is a limit of two people per watercraft for the remainder of the 2020 season. Spectators are not permitted.
- Lifejackets must be worn by all participants.
- Updated: ages 2 to 7 may share a watercraft with a guardian. Ages 8 to 15 may have their own watercraft but a registered adult guardian must be present on the water.
- Walk-up registration is NOT available.
- No pets. No fishing. No swimming. No rafts or inflatable tubes. No alcohol.
Colorado SUP Sports
The official paddlesports operator at Rueter-Hess Reservoir, Colorado SUP Sports offers paddleboard and kayak rentals with instruction. Find more information and make your rental reservation here. Registration is required, walk ups are not permitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.503.0383 with questions regarding watercraft rentals.
Safe Return Commitments
Any facility or program that opens during the Safe Return phased reopening will comply with current state and public health recommendations and will adhere to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff. Please make the following commitments to contribute to a safe return:
- I will stay home if I feel sick.
- I will practice social distancing and not gather in large groups.
- I will wash my hands often. While outdoors, I will use hand sanitizer.
- I will cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze.
- I will avoid touching my eyes, nose and mouth.
- I will wear a face mask whenever possible.
Guidelines are subject to change based on state, local and public health orders and recommendations. Program and facility operations may be closed or temporarily halted at any time during these reopening phases.