Trail and Park Etiquette, Safety and Regulations
- Share the trail. Ride, walk or run on the right, pass on the left.
- Stay on the trail. Use unpaved trails only when they are dry, not muddy or wet, to avoid leaving ruts or prints.
- Bicyclists yield to equestrians, runners and hikers. Keep your bike under control and obey posted speed limits.
- Runners and hikers yield to equestrians.
- Announce or alert when you are planning to pass. Use a calm voice to warn equestrians, as bells or horns may frighten horses.
- Respect wildlife. Keep your distance.
- Use caution when using headphones. You may not be able to hear people trying to warn you.
- No motorized vehicles off designated roadways or on trails. Personal power-assisted mobility devices are permitted for individuals with disabilities.
- No littering.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes and under control. Please pick up after your pets.
- No trespassing in enclosed or restricted areas. Please respect private property.
- No glass containers.
- Fires/grills in designated areas only.
- No hunting or fishing.
- No firearms, fireworks or other explosive devices.
- No camping.
- Railbender Park is open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. All other Town of Parker parks are open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Additional site-specific regulations are posted at parks.
For a complete list of park regulations, please review Parker Municipal Code Chapter 12.02, available online or by calling 303.841.0353.
The Town prohibits model craft of any kind in Salisbury Equestrian Park. The Town prohibits hazardous activities at all Town parks and open space, which may include model craft of any kind that is not operated in a safe manner. The United States Department of Transportation issued Model Aircraft Operating Standards, which can be summarized as follows:
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the model craft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don’t fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
- Don’t fly near people, bicyclists, motorists, roadways, parking lots or stadiums
- Don’t fly model craft that weighs more than 55 lbs.
- Don’t be careless or reckless with your model craft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft