Eagle Scout Project Guidelines and Ideas
Please consider the following when approaching the Town about any Eagle Scout Project:
- The Scout must present a specific Eagle Project proposal, with location specified, for Town approval.
- The Scout must plan to provide all planning, development, fundraising and leadership for any Project.
- No Eagle Project will be considered without a complete Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal, form 512-927.
- Due to manpower and resource constraints, only 2-3 Eagle Projects will be approved per calendar year.
- Eagle Projects for the Town must be completed during the months of April thru October each year.
- 1½ - 2 months’ notice is required prior to beginning an Eagle Project on any Town Property.
Parks or Forestry/Open Space-related Eagle Scout Project possibilities (Scout decides most locations):
- Tree replacement (5-15 trees, depending on site selection).
- Open Space cleanup (see online Open Space map for location proposal).
- Passive (“social- or Horse-”) trail repair or restoration in Open Space.
- Open Space wildlife habitat restoration (when/where determined by Open Space Division).
- Trash management during Town’s “Let Freedom Sing” event during July 4th celebration annually.
- Work with Town’s GIS Division to design and produce a Prairie Loop Trail map/guide/circuit.
- Shrub or Perennial replacements where needed on Town properties (as determined by Parks Division).
- Install Recycle bins in more highly-trafficked parks (examples: Tallman Meadows, Railbender, Salisbury).
- Design/install Raptor Poles (nest platforms) in Town Open Space.
- Restore Salisbury Open Space horse obstacle course (with input from Parker’s horse community).
- Other similar projects, or bring your own ideas to the Town..
For Parks-related Project questions, contact Ben Shipley, Parks Supervisor - Administration at 303.805.3255. For Forestry/ Open Space/ Trail Project questions, contact Erik Stadsvold, Forestry / Open Space Supervisor at 303.805.3221.
If these outdoor project possibilities do not interest an Eagle Scout candidate, he can always consider contacting other Parker-based entities, such as:
- Parker Senior Center
- Parker Task Force
- Any of several online Scouting-based and Eagle Scout Project-based websites for more ideas
Regardless of your choice, thank you for your interest in providing service to the Town of Parker!