Parker Recreation Aquatic Programs and Training
Follow the program and training links below for additional information and registration. Some programs and training are only offered seasonally, please check back often.
- Masters Swim- Practice for experienced adult swimmers (18 years and up) wanting to improve overall fitness and swimming technique. Master's Swim practice is offered at the times below:
- Tuesday & Friday at PRC 5:30 to 7:00 a.m.
- Sundays at PRC 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- For important information about Masters Swim please click HERE
- Practice space is limited and is filled on a first come first served basis.
- CARA Swim Team - Seasonal *Space is Limited*
- Registration for all swimmers will open January 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. please click the link above for more details.
- Practice times will be assigned after swim assessments. All swimmers must be registered to participate in swim assessments on January 29 from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. at Parker Recreation Center.
- CARA Swim Team - Year Round *This team is FULL*
- Registration for tryouts will open January 9, 2022 at 10 a.m. Please click the link for more details and team skill requirements.
- Payment and final registration for the season will be taken immediately following tryouts, in person, on January 15, 2022 from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. Register for this activity to save your spot at tryouts; there is no charge for tryouts.
- Swimmers who make the team after tryouts will practice on Tuesdays AND Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. at the Parker Recreation Center, beginning Jan. 25, 2022.
- Swim Stroke Clinics- Experienced youth swimmers focus on advanced techniques for specific strokes. Open to ages 8-18 years old. Students must be able to swim 50 yards and be proficient in the stroke of the clinic in which they are registering.
- Pool Parties- Celebrate your birthday or special occasion at the Recreation Center Indoor Pool.
- Lifeguard Prep - Work with a Lifeguard Instructor to practice for the American Red Cross Lifeguard course prerequisites.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training - Train to safely rescue swimmers while maintaining personal safety.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Review - A re-certification course required every 2 years for currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguards.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Course - Train to become a lifeguard instructor. Candidates must be 17 years or older and possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification.
Life Safety Courses
- ASHI Community CPR/AED and First Aid- Train to recognize and respond to a variety of emergency situations. Please note: This course does not satisfy Healthcare Provider requirements.
Lifeguard positions are available with Parker Parks and Recreation. Please contact Jackie Frohne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3287 for more information.