Parker Recreation Aquatic Programs and Training
Follow the program and training links below for additional information and registration. Some programs and training are only offered seasonally, please check back often.
- Masters Swim - Practice for experienced adult swimmers (18 years and up) wanting to improve overall fitness and swimming technique.
- Session Dates
- Oct. 8 - Nov. 29
- Dec. 3 - Jan 21
- Fall CARA Swim Team - Currently full for the remainder of 2019.
- Season Dates: Sept. 9 - Dec. 18
- Swim Stroke Clinics - Experienced youth swimmers focus on advanced techniques for specific strokes. Open to ages 8-18 years old.
- Butterfly Nov. 16
- Starts and Turns Dec. 14
- Pumpkin Patch Splash - Are you ready to go bobbing for...pumpkins?! Retrieve your chosen pumpkin from our pool pumpkin patch and take it, along with your goodie bag, home to decorate or carve!
- Event open to all ages. Limited pumpkins available. Pre-registration required.
- Oct. 20
- Sensory Swim Nights - An ideal evening for individuals who love to swim and may be affected by loud noises. All the features (minus the yellow slide) in the Recreation Center Activity Pool will be turned off.
- Second Monday of each month.
- 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Included with daily admission or Recreation Center membership.
- Second Monday of each month.
- Future Lifesavers - An ideal transition between advanced swim lessons to lifeguard training courses (the equivalent to Junior Lifeguarding). For ages 12-14. Participants receive certification in Basic Water Rescue and CPR/AED and First aid.
- Lifeguard Prep - Work with a Lifeguard Instructor to practice for the American Red Cross Lifeguard course prerequisites.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training - Train to safely rescue swimmers while maintaining personal safety.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Review - A re-certification course required every 2 years for currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguards.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Course - Train to become a lifeguard instructor. Candidates must be 17 years or older and possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor/IT Review Course - A review course required every 2 years for currently certified American Red Cross Instructors/Instructor Trainers.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course - Train to become an American Red Cross group swim lesson instructor. *No classes currently scheduled, please check back in Winter/Spring 2020.
Life Safety Courses
- American Red Cross Community CPR/AED and First Aid - Train to recognize and respond to a variety of emergency situations. Please note: This course does not satisfy Healthcare Provider requirements.
- Pet CPR and First Aid - Train to recognize and respond to a variety of cat and dog related medical emergencies. Please note: This course does not provide a certification.
Lifeguard positions are available with Parker Parks and Recreation. Please contact Jackie Frohne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3287 for more information.